Since 2012, the Freeride has been HO’s most versatile free ski that will suit any level of skier. Designed with HO’s clean edge technology, the Freeride can ski behind any boat, at any speed, in any water condition and with the addition of carve rails, you still have exceptional edge hold when laying down powerful arcs. The Freeride has a bevel-less edge and a hybrid sidewall design that causes water to release cleanly off the ski’s bottom surface resulting in 50% less drag than conventional skis. This ski has ben carefully crafted from Industry professionals to help you pop up more easily in the deep and even handle the afternoon chop.
- Clean Edge Technology – This revolutionary ski technology allows skiers to ski behind any boat, at any speed, in any water condition. The beveled edge of a traditional waterski allows water to wrap around the bottom of the ski and up the sidewall where it finally releases off the ski’s top edge. Clean Edge is bevel-less and the sidewalls are rotated inward like wakeboard edge. This combination causes water to release cleanly off the ski’s bottom surface resulting in a 50% less drag than conventional skis.
- Clean Edge Location – Less drag equals more lift and it is the lift on the rear 50% of the Freeride’s running length that enables low drag skiing with less spray and effort. From under the skier’s front foot through the forebody of the ski, the Freeride utilises a traditional ski edge design. This rounded edge rides deeper in the water for the stability skiers need.
- Carve Rails – Steep entry concave for amazing edge hold when laying down powerful arcs.
- Freeride Flex – A snowski inspired flex pattern allows the Freeride to bend its rocker into turns providing smooth carving with low effort.
- HEX Fin: NACA Airfoil inspired 3-dimensional fin enhances ski versatility by increasing glide speed and turning properties
Of course they’re back! When you’re onto a good thing, why change it? The FreeMax is super easy to use, just slip them on and enjoy the ride. The unibody construction means no complexity of a liner, just low maintenance boots that fit great. The FreeMax utilises HO’s Direct Connect system, which eliminates the traditional mounting plate, greatly reducing boot weight, boot drag and the boot’s impact on ski flex, meaning you have greater edge control and balance across the ski, while eliminating dead spots. The FreeMax is ideal for open water skiing of all types.
- Direct Connect System – Natural Edge Angle for precise edge control & improved balance. Industry’s Shortest Flex Footprint virtually eliminates ski flex dead spots. Micro Adjustment for infinite fore/aft and 7* of rotational adjustment
- Hightop for maximum support and control
- Unibody construction for easy entry and exit
- Relaxed fit for a feel open water skiers enjoy
- Dual Lace Zones: Low Drag Bungee Upper, Static Lower with improved lace management
- Removable Footbed Anchoring System for easier mounting
FREEMAX Adjustable Rear Toe (ART)
This comfortable ART is geared up with HO’s marshmallow foam liner and super easy to mount and adjust Direct Connect System. The DC system eliminates the traditional mounting plate and provides you with greater edge control and balance across the ski, while eliminating dead spots.
- Direct Connect System – Easy to Mount, Easy to Adjust. Natural Edge Angle for precise edge control & improved balance. Industry’s Shortest Flex Footprint virtually eliminates ski flex dead spots. Micro Adjustment for infinite fore/aft and 7* of rotational adjustment
- Marshmallow Foam Liner for amazing out-of-the-box comfort
- Removable Footbed Anchoring System for easy mounting and adjustment
- One size fits all – Adjustable