Peak Boys Energy 3/2mm GB Back Zip Steamer is a full length wetsuit that is durable, warm and provides great resistance to wind-chill, especially with the smooth-skin torso panel. The glued and blind-stitch seam (GB or GBS) is a no-pin-hole seam that doesn’t allow cold water to enter through the stitching. This drastically increases the warmth of the Peak Boys Energy Wetsuit.
You can rest assured with Peak knowing that they’re designed and built by Rip Curl but they don’t include the benefits to current season Rip Curl suits, hence their lower price. The access to Rip Curl’s R&D results in wetsuits that are designed well, fit great and last an age .
We recommend this suit not just to surfers but also young divers because the sealed seam ensures their core body temperatures won’t be robbed simply because of a cheap seam.
Peak Boys Energy 3/2mm GBS Sealed Back Zip Steamer FEATURES:-
- 3/2mm High Stretch Neoprene: Peak have laid high-stretch 2mm neoprene around your arms to make paddling a breeze with the rest of the suit being 3mm to keep your vitals warm! Depending on your personal tolerance to cold one can expect to feel comfy from ~22 degrees.
- Glued and Blind Stitched [GBS] Seams: By using a hooked needle each stitch doesn’t penetrate the rubber, this means water can’t move into the suit through the stitch. This is reinforced with glue which adds to the water-seal. Get the full rundown here.
- Back Zip: Easy, simple and comfy. Learn more about zips!
- Smooth Skin Coated Torso Panels: These coated linings are hydrophobic, meaning water can’t stick to it, this means your torso panels are essentially dry making them highly resistant to wind chill.
- Knee Pads: Added durability to the knees, which are usually the first to go.